Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Natural April Base


Because of my horrible acne scarring I've got a lot of redness in my face, which isn't something you want to show off. Or at least I don't. Skincare on its own can't solve this problem as quickly as I would like it to, so I do wear a little bit of makeup to cover up the things I want to hide.

I take a good look at my face to decide whether I need a bit more or a little less coverage that day. Most of the times it's less, I don't feel like covering up everything because I do like a natural look, but some help in the right direction never hurts.

Most of the time I use a BB Cream, but sometimes I do like a good CC cream if it's only redness that needs to be hide. I'm loving the Clinique Age Defense BB Cream, which isn't too pricey in my opinion, but if it's a bit out of your budget the L'Oréal Skin Lumiere BB Cream is a good alternative too.

I apply a BB cream with either my hands or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, a similar one to the Buffing Brush but a little bigger. If you apply with your hands the finish will be a little more sheer and natural, while the coverage really comes to its right when blended with the brush.

You might wonder: no primer? Indeed, I don't like the feeling of primer, or at least the primers I tried, on my skin and they also tend to break me out more often. If you don't have blemish prone skin, the L'Oréal Revitalift Magic Blur Base might be something for you as it pretty much solves everything a primer should. (full review coming soon).

After this I apply a little concealer if needed, the one I tend to use more often is the Dior Nude Skin Hydrating Concealer, but the shade (02) is a little too orange and dark for me, so I mix it with a blemish concealer from Garnier. Even though I do like the two from time to time, the coverage isn't natural enough for me...

To finish up the look I set everything with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparant and my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and spray on some finishing mist, mostly Mac Fix+.

And that's it, it seems like a long post full of make-up but I basically use two products, a base and a powder, both very sheer. I hope you enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment